Well, now that I have a blog, I guess it’s time to get some people to read it (so since you’re here, thank you for helping me out with that!) And once I get some readers, the next step is to introduce myself, right?
My name is Joanna, and I’ve never had a (legit) nickname that wasn’t just someone else’s first name.
I’ll be 21 in April… excited to go in casinos without getting kicked out… could care less about being old enough to drink since I don’t do that anyway.
I’m from here:
But I’ve also lived here:
And I was actually born in VA (not that I remember anything about it.)
I used to be a stripper (and could become one again as a way of funding my self-publishing mission, I suppose, IF I learn to love working out more than I love honey buns…)
I quit because I was just really tired of it. Then I was forced to work in fast food. (There is no picture to accompany this statement. There was this one girl at Burger King that used to stand in the kitchen taking endless cell phone shots of herself looking all “cute” in her uniform and visor. I didn’t do that.) Minimum wage in Ohio is seven dollars and some loose change… this is why I’m broke all the time.
Recently I started nail school (currently on a leave of absence due to the broke-ness, but hoping to return soon.) My nail art skills are a work in progress, but here are some of my attempts:
As for my favorite food, it’s chicken… and chocolate… no, not at the same time (these were also my grandma’s favorite foods when she was like six.)
Favorite activity? Writing of course… and reading… Aww, now I’m thinking about how on New Year’s Eve my friend texted me ‘what are you doing?’ and I said ‘my favorite thing,’ and he said ‘writing or reading?’ That was eight days before his death. RIP Antonio I miss you so much!
Favorite animal? Octopus. Did you know they can chew off their own arms and regrow them later? Did you know they have three hearts and blue blood, unmatched color-changing capabilities (though they are color-blind, a true mystery of nature) and remarkable flexibility, or that octopuses (not octopi, since the word ‘octopus’ is Greek in origin, not Latin) are the most intelligent invertebrates on Earth? Well if you didn’t, now you do.
Favorite music: Rap.
Favorite place I’ve visited: NYC.
Favorite food part II: (come on, I’m a fat girl!) Chinese food, although this one needs an asterisk because Chinese food is like sex: when it’s good it is so good, but when it’s bad it makes you want to vomit. (Also because if it’s good it will have you wanting more about half an hour later.) (Also because it’s just as good in the morning as it is at midnight, fuck what anybody says.) (Also because if the spot you picked it up at seems questionable, it might be best to just say no thanks… the comparisons are endless.)
Favorite book: umm… Beloved… White Oleander… The 48 Laws of Power… I can’t pick just one. I’ve made a list of eleven favorites (though of course that list isn’t all inclusive either) and will post it later because I feel I’ve already said more than enough about myself for now.




No comments:
Post a Comment